Registering an account for this website is too difficult

Sugestões, criticas ou reclamações sobre o fórum ou página da ABIC
Responder
N_C_P_de_Gloucester
investigador em formação
investigador em formação
Registado: quarta out 19, 2011 1:24 pm
University/ Institute: Coimbra University
Localização: Departamento de Física, Universidade de Coimbra,, Rua Larga, 3004-516 Coimbra.
Contacto:

Registering an account for this website is too difficult

Mensagem por N_C_P_de_Gloucester »

Viva!

Yesterday I created an account on this website on behalf of someone else who complained to me that it was too difficult for her to create an account (I believe that she did create an account but it was not activated).

She complained to me in July 2012:
"[. . .] about the forum of bolseiros I v tried many times to register, but with no success."
Therefore I offered to create an account for her. Therefore yesterday she sent to me:
"1) yes please, create an account for me on forum de bolseiros :) it seems impossible to me.. I v tried many times... Maybe it is becase of my ip, or i dont know, but passwords i v created never work! And really often read it, but with no possibility of commenting and adding new posts... Thams for offering :)"

Aragao
Sócios
Sócios
Registado: sábado abr 24, 2004 4:22 pm
University/ Institute: Diamond Light Source
Contacto:

Re: Registering an account for this website is too difficult

Mensagem por Aragao »

N_C_P_de_Gloucester Escreveu:Viva!

Yesterday I created an account on this website on behalf of someone else who complained to me that it was too difficult for her to create an account (I believe that she did create an account but it was not activated).

She complained to me in July 2012:
"[. . .] about the forum of bolseiros I v tried many times to register, but with no success."
Therefore I offered to create an account for her. Therefore yesterday she sent to me:
"1) yes please, create an account for me on forum de bolseiros :) it seems impossible to me.. I v tried many times... Maybe it is becase of my ip, or i dont know, but passwords i v created never work! And really often read it, but with no possibility of commenting and adding new posts... Thams for offering :)"
Hi N_C_P_de_Gloucester,

Can this user now enter the forum after you registered her?

What was her problem to access?

Cheers,

David
Wolf Credo: "Respect the elders, Teach the young, Cooperate with the pack, Play when you can, Hunt when you must, Rest in between, Share your affections, Voice your feelings, Leave your mark."
---
Visita o Guia do Bolseiro

N_C_P_de_Gloucester
investigador em formação
investigador em formação
Registado: quarta out 19, 2011 1:24 pm
University/ Institute: Coimbra University
Localização: Departamento de Física, Universidade de Coimbra,, Rua Larga, 3004-516 Coimbra.
Contacto:

Re: Registering an account for this website is too difficult

Mensagem por N_C_P_de_Gloucester »

Aragao Escreveu:"Can this user now enter the forum after you registered her?"
Hi David:

She has successfully (entered and) posted to a forum on this website after I had created an account for her.
Aragao Escreveu:"What was her problem to access?

Cheers,

David"
I do not know. If you wish you may email me for me to provide you with a contact detail for her, and then you can try to ask her yourself. Some ideas are:

* she might not had understood what account activation is (the only languages which the software support are English and Portuguese and she is fluent in neither) (she is not a computer expert) (she had successfully created an (apparently unactivated) account but she never managed to log into it: therefore I was unable to use the same email address for her when I created an account for her which I activated ("The entered e-mail address is already in use"))

and

* maybe the activation email ("Welcome to "forum.bolseiros.org"") was automatically quarantined to a spam folder.

Yours sincerely,
Nicholas Collin Paul de Gloucester

Responder